SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#109745 - 02/13/07 06:51 PM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
That's right Diki! If you're a person looking for an arranger for the classic and more traditional styles, then ya better look past the MM6. Aint no polkas on this puppy Plus if you look at the pattern list and the names for the patterns you'll see that even the patterns like jazz ect have a twist to them.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#109746 - 02/13/07 07:21 PM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Diki is right. If you want a traditional arranger, buy something else. If you want a very good sounding, inexpensive Synth with cool contemporary styles and a decent but limited seq. then look here!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#109747 - 02/14/07 06:17 AM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
thanks for the replies...I get that this isn't a traditional arranger. still, even with very limited onboard editing capabilities, it seems close to being a solution for some, if only because the drum sets of Motif lineage have sharper individual samples than those of the psr series.
and if it does read midi or .sty files, that will multiply its usefulness for some.

people use arrangers in all different ways, and despite the either/or tone of the above posts, there may be some who want a credible jazz waltz style or a polka AND decent hiphop/R&B/electronica styles. (which, in my opinion, are weak in the psrs). if the MM6, which doesn't offer that many onboard "patterns," can be expanded via a USB pen drive, that seems worth knowing.

#109748 - 02/14/07 01:39 PM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you want ONE keyboard for normal stuff, and another for contemporary, I think most (if it's in their budget) would be better served by a workstation as the second keyboard.

Take a listen to the new Korg M3...... un-freakin'-believable!! Too expensive (though they DO have a module version)? Maybe a Karma, or MotifES Rack, Juno-G, etc., etc.. Most of these have the capability to grow more that the MM6.

But if you are on a tight budget, and play for the kids now and again, this might be the ticket.....!

#109749 - 02/16/07 01:25 PM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
Vadim Offline

are there good amount of ROCK styles in MM, how are they ?

#109750 - 02/16/07 04:03 PM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Motifator.com has good demos..... but I haven't heard anything I'd call 'rock', but maybe I'm old school.....!

#109751 - 02/16/07 09:40 PM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Take a listen to the new Korg M3...... un-freakin'-believable!! Too expensive (though they DO have a module version)? Maybe a Karma, or MotifES Rack, Juno-G, etc., etc.. Most of these have the capability to grow more that the MM6.

hey diki, word around the korg traps is that the M3 61 note could be at about $2699 msrp, and the module would be close to that...at that price its looking possible...that M3 module will be an absolute killer (provided the user likes tweaking!!!!)
dennis

#109752 - 02/28/07 04:33 AM Re: Yamaha MM6 "MiniMo" Arrived!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
here's some info form the yamaha forums site, from phil clendenin....
"It does not have the capability to Load a MIDI file. You can playback a 16 Part MIDI file from an external sequencer and the MM6 will be able to play it back - but it has no ability to load a MIDI file. You can Load that MIDI file to Cubase LE using the IMPORT > MIDI FILE option, and play it to the MM6.

It does not appear in the Load screen because you cannot load it. You can only load a file you make with MM6 - USER SONG."
hope that helps
dennis

That's inaccurate. I own a MM6 and of course you can load a MIDI file from the USB drive. But by "load" I mean "play". I think you can't load it as a user song to edit it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online